Young Professionals Board
WHO WE ARE
The First Tee of Greater Wilmington Young Professionals Board is a network of active Greater Wilmington Young Professionals dedicated to the mission of First Tee. The Young Professionals Board supports First Tee of Greater Wilmington through fundraising, volunteer efforts, and by broadening awareness in the Greater Wilmington area.
1. Be a young professional (age 25-40) living in the Greater Wilmington area
2. Serve as an ambassador for First Tee of Greater Wilmington mission and programs
3. Contribute annual membership fee of $100.00 (tax deductible)
4. Volunteer for a minimum of 8 program or administrative hours per year
5. Attend Young Professionals socials and quarterly board meetings
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Interaction with First Tee of Greater Wilmington Board of Directors
2. Invitation to cocktail reception at end of year
3. Recognition on FTGW website and Annual Report distributed to wide network
4. First Tee of Greater Wilmington Membership Kit inclusive of logoed merchandise
5. Opportunities to play golf at some of the best golf clubs in Wilmington
6. Chance to expand your professional network, make a difference and have some fun
WHAT WE DO
Spend time with our youth and serve as mentors or program volunteers. This allows us to keep our instructional costs down and gives our participants the opportunity to interact with successful young professionals in the area.
Social, networking and fundraising events will drive the success of both First Tee of Greater Wilmington and the Young Professionals Board. The group meets every quarter with ongoing opportunities to get involved that fit the young professional’s schedule.
Our success depends largely on the number of people that we are able to attract to our program. We hope that you will serve as advocates for us and encourage others to join. We also depend on our young members to engage on social media to widen our reach to the Greater Wilmington community.
Each year the committee executes a fundraising event at the end of the golf season. Members are also encouraged to reach out to their employers, as many have matching gift programs. All donations are 100% tax deductible.